miércoles, 4 de abril de 2007

31 March to 4 April, Salvador de Bahia & Morro de Sao Paolo, Brazil

I arrived at 11.30 pm the 31st March in Salvador de Bahia. My friends Alexander and Daniela, the brazilian couple I met in Patagonia were already waiting for me in the airport and we went straight to check in at the hostel and we had a beer before going to bed. Alexandre and Daniela are GREAT!!! They have been taking care of me the whole time, showing me all the best of Salvador and surroundings, taking me to taste the most wonderful meals and even cooking for me in a Brazilian goodbye dinner.
The First day in Salvador we actually went in a boat trip the whole day. We took a boat that took us first to Ilha de Fraire, where there was this really nice beach and after that to Ilha Itaparica, the usual holiday island for all the people from Salvador. The trip was very nice, having caipirinhas and listening to live music on the boat. After that, we went for dinner to the best Acarajé in Salvador... hmmm delicious! Dont make me explain what is it made of!
On Monday morning I left early and took again the boat but this time to Morro de Sao Paolo. This time my friends didnt come as I was staying the night in Morro and Alexandre had to work. Morro de Sao Paolo... WOW! That was Paradise!!! Amazing beaches, almost desertic, with warm and green waters and really nice sand. Brazilians dancing capoeira on the beach, and drinking caipirinhas or coconuts... The small village is very cute even is a bit turistic, but was worth staying one night there!! And because is not high season there were few tourists and everything for myself.
During the night they build some stands and everyone fights to offer you the best caipirinha o caipirosca, and there is live music for people to dance until late. I had a few caipirinas myself and I went to sleep not so early.
After that, on Tuesday I returned to Salvador and being my last day I had to see the city! so Alexandre was already there and he took me to the Polourinho, the historic town, to the churches... So nice!! and with the best guide. We picked up Daniela and we went to the Bom Fill church, with all its colorful ribbons, and after that we went to Polurinho again. We walked around, there was a live concert in a corner but we stayed almost all the time in a drum parade; kids playing drms and singing!! that was sooooo Good!!! we just stayed there for 1 or 2 hours listening and dancing, incredible! even the people around were good as at the end some guys started to dance to the sound of the music, and WOW how they danced!!! I must admit we drunk a bit too much beer, and we were just laughing for everything!

After that, quite late, I had my invitation to their house, for a goodbye dinner!!! I didnt know Daniela cooked so well!! I ate like if I never had eaten before. I havent got here my notes to explain what did I actually ate, the only think I remember is that almost everything had Coconut milk! Such a wonderful evening!



This morning I couldnt convince them that I could take a taxi on my own, so they picked me up early and before going to the airport they have taken me to a really nice lagoon, with amazing white sand. That was nice, and that was the end of my stay in Salvador!!!
Well, I really have found good friends in Alexandre & Daniela!!! They have treated me sooo well! Was bit sad to leave ... again! Thank you to you two!
Now in Natal and tomorrow flying again to the paradise of Fernando de Noronha island were I will be for 4 days.
Natal... I haven´t decided yet if I liked it or not, strange city, lots of surfers but not the architecture is not very nice. But has something.... I will be back here in 4 days.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

ciaooo!!! grrr so jealous about your trip...amazing place and nice people! as soon as you come back i want to know everything

ciaoo
Andrea - italy