lunes, 19 de marzo de 2007

14 - 19 Marzo, Santiago de Chile a Rosario, Argentina

Its 7 am and I just arrived to Rosario after 11 hours of bus. This time I travelled in a comfy bus with dinner, breakfast and bed! That was a luxury. Before that?
From Chiloé I travelled 17 hours to Santiago de Chile (in not such a comfy bus...). In there I met my friends again and I sdtayed at their place. I stayed two days in Santiago. As I almost saw everything lasat time these two days I was very relaxed trying to organize my trip, going to see the Pablo Neruda house in Santiago, and having few drinks in the city. This time I had time to meet my university friend Laura. She took me to a great bar in the city where I got a bit drunk of Pisco sour (typical chilean drink). We also eat some Machas a la Parmesana, seafood with cheese! Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!
That was nice. Eva's uncle and auntie arrived to Santiago, and the five of us we took on friday the car and we head to Mendoza, Argentina. We also took Tintin the dog, the new member of the family. For all those who know about my friend Javi, you will already guessed the weekend in Mendoza was Javi torturing the dog! :-)
The car trip to Mendoza took us almost 9 hours! we stopped for a lovely lunch, but then we got few trafic jams and we had some problems on the border! So many papers we had to take that one was missing and almost we have to go back to Santiago after 5 hours of car drive! The road to the border was lovely, going through the Andes, that at that point is purely rock, so you see these amazing mountains of rock and you feel very little. I guess the road after the border is as impressive but it took us so long to solve the paper work that we did it on the dark and we missed all the landscape. Probably they saw it on they way back, but I missed it as I´m not going back to Chile now.
Mendoza is a nice city. Is not for the impressive architecture but is charming and lively with lots of terraces for having a drink outside. We stayed in a nice hotel. We had a house for ourselves, and the breakfast was impressive!
In Mendoza we ate so much I think I will go back with 5 more kilos! The meat is just excellent and we couldnt believe how cheap is everything. Wine is very good aswell and Javi and Eva bought 12 bottles to take back to Santiago. If I wasnt a backpacker I would have also bought some.
I probably should mention our saturday night (or Eva will kill me). After a lovely dinner and a few drinks we went back to the hotel and we decided to do a "trivial pursuit" contest. We divided in two teams and of course Our team won (Eva's uncle Javier, Eva and myself).
Yesterday we had another meat feast at lunchtime with some lovely wine and after that they left to go back to Chile and I stayed the whole afternoon in Mendoza waiting for my bus.
I travelled the whole night and I justa rrived, but too early to go to the hostel... thats why I'm here! I heard Rosario is lovely, I will let you know.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hola guapo!
què bé que al final vas veure a la Laurilla, no? ja m'explicaràs què tal. Per cert, xulíssimes les fotos del Perito Moreno!
molts petons

Anónimo dijo...

hola majo
No sabia q escribes Blog! Muy bonitas fotos. Y pude saber q despos de El Calafate , has tenido buen viaje... me alegro!
Veo tu blog en vez de cuando.

YUKI de Osaka