jueves, 1 de marzo de 2007

Cronica de viaje - 25 Feb a 1 Marzo - El Calafate, Argentina






I took the Bus on the 25th at 6 am direction El Chalten. We went through the famous route 40. Its famous for being the worst road in Argentina. The first tram was lovely with views of lakes, but as being so early in the morning I felt asleep and missed it. After that, the view was from the typical Argentinian Pampa, nice but always the same so after few hours get boring. Was nice to go through kilometres and kilometres without seeing any town, house, people... only we could see Guanacos (similar to llamas but smaller and different colour) and we also saw condors, and an animal similar to an ostrich. from time to time we were stoping and suddenly there was a house that sold exquisite cakes... weird!

The second day of bus we stopped on some caves with really old drawings from indians 3.400 years BC. Was very nice, the landscape there and the paintings! very interesting.
I met a lot of poeple on the Bus and we became friends. Yuki, from Osaka, Ryu, from Tokyio, Laura and Lisa, italian, and Patrizia from Trieste, Italy. I also met a couple living in Geneva.
After two days we finally arrived to El Chalten. El Chalten is the trekking capital of Argentina.
In there I stayed one day and a half. First day I went with the swiss couple and we did a 8 hour hike to Laguna Cerro, where there is an amazing glacier. Its a shame the connections here are so bad so I cant upload some pictures. That hike was really nice.

The day after I did a tougher hike. I started with the swiss couple but as I didnt have as much time as them (I had to be at 6 in El Chalten to take my bus) I had to go faster and soon I started to walk alone. It was intended to be a 4.5 hour hike one way, and I did it in 3 hours! I was so exhausted! But, was soooo worth it! I think the views at the end was one of the nicer things I´ve seen in my life. I saw the Fitz Roy mountain in front of me, with a few glaciers and two amazing lakes with cristaline waters! Wow! soooo nice! I did like 100 pictures. There was snow up to my knees and me on trainers! I´m not well prepared at all!


After this hike that left me almost dead I returned to El Chalten and we took the bus to El Calafate where I am now. From here I will see the spectacular Perito Moreno glacier tomorrow and then I will start my 9 day trekking trip... so probably I will not be able to post anything for 10 days.
Patagonia is amazing but they live from tourism so here everything is bloody expensive.. And well.... they say about spanish.. but here there are tricking us all time, selling us things that are not completely true! But anyway, I'm really enjoying it!

No hay comentarios: